A mixtape for Project 52
The reason why
Project 52‘s first round (or quarter) was based on quotes extracted from songs. We decided to go ahead a put a little mixtape of them together (Designers.MX is probably responsible for something here).
- Bullets by Wilson’s Reservoir
- Priests and paramedics by Pedro the Lion
- Furious angels by Rob Dougan
- Why does my heart feel so bad by Moby
- Gas and matches by Headphones
- Alligators 427 by Hubert Félix Thiéfaine
- 10 lives by Parachute Journalists
- White noise by Saez
- Tear you apart by She Wants Revenge
- The strangest girl I’ve ever known by Algebro
- Don’t you leave me here tonight by the Goldmine Pickers
- Clothespin blues by B. B. Wolfe
- Pink Safari by Pamela Hute
So, because there are rights issues and stuff (and because we really don’t want to deal with a copyright infringement lawsuit), we shall provide you guys with the video and/or streaming version of the songs. Now, if DesignersMX would finally give me an account above the listener one, I’d love to post all of this over there…
Clothespin blues by B. B. Wolfe
[haiku url="http://studioaceofspade.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/03_Clothespin-blues-B.B.-Wolfe.mp3" title="Clothespin blues by B. B. Wolfe"]
That first leg of the Project 52 has been a blast. It’s been hard to keep up, it’s been frustrating, it’s been making us swear insanities and rant about Photoshop’s crashes and abilities to generate files with insane sizes, but I personally wouldn’t change anything to it.
It seems there’s also a real interest in a case study centered on texturing techniques out of one of these. This will come still this August I think.